Haywards heath home security – Holiday tips!
Haywards heath home security holiday tips! – Are you lucky enough to be jetting off somewhere hot this year? This time of the year has us all thinking about those stunningly picturesque white sand beaches, rolling crystal clear waves, palm trees and not to forget gleaming sunshine! Yes, as you may be able to tell we love a good holiday.
Leaving your home alone for multiple days, weeks or even months can be daunting. As locksmith’s security is always at the forefront of our minds that’s why we are excited to share our 5 top home security tips so you can relax that bit extra on your dream escape!
How to keep your home safe while you’re away:
- Have some temperamental locks on your doors or windows? – Make sure your locks are fully secure before you travel! Temperamental locks can not only be a security issue but can also mean you may get stuck outside your home when you get back from your holiday!
- Don’t post your holiday dates all over social media! – You may be super excited about your holiday and we don’t blame you, but posting your holiday dates on social media is like announcing to a group of strangers “I am leaving my house unattended these dates…”
- Phone a friend – Having a friend house sit is not just for those with pets and plants but can also be good for your lonesome home. Having someone coming into your home regularly will give the impression that someone is staying there, putting off opportunist thieves.
- Close all windows – This may seem like an obvious one but, check, check and check again that all windows are firmly shut and if you have locks, lock the windows too for extra insurance.
- Unplug all electrics – there’s nothing worse than that sinking panicked feeling you get when you are sat at the airport and are not sure if you have left something on or not! For those who get extra paranoid about leaving stuff plugged in, take a quick picture of everything unplugged to ease your mind!
Protect your home today!
Get in touch today if you need a new key cut for a house sitter or want to make sure your locks are holiday ready – 01444 412 521